Mission Health System is seeking experienced Pharmacy Technicians to join our new Medication History team. Full-Time positions available.
Schedule may vary according to the needs of the facility/department and may include weekend, evening shift, holiday, on-call, and additional hours.
The Medication History Pharmacy Technician performs medication histories for new hospital admission. Under general supervision of the clinical pharmacist:
- Provides complete and accurate information for each medication, e.g., drug name, dose, route, frequency, indication, and date/time last dose was taken.
- Utilizes available resources for medication history collection including but not limited to: patient/family interview, medication lists, outside facility medication administration records, outpatient pharmacy records, and physician office records.
- Verifies/updates patient allergy, adverse drug reaction, preferred pharmacy and primary care physician information in the electronic medical record.
- Documents medication histories completed in the electronic health record, sending to the pharmacist for cosignature in an accurate and timely manner.
- Documents medication histories in CPW/VigiLanz in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists the medication reconciliation pharmacist by ensuring patients identified for discharge counseling and medication reconciliation have a pharmacy services completed medication history.
- Prepares education materials for the medication reconciliation pharmacist as necessary.
Required Education: High school graduate or GED
Required Experience: 2+ years retail pharmacy experience
Preferred Experience: 1 year previous inpatient pharmacy experience
Required License: Maintains current pharmacy technician registration or pharmacy intern license. Certification as a Pharmacy Technician for registered pharmacy technicians.