HR Business Partner - Mission Hospital
Provides strategic HR and talent support to designated leaders and employees at one or more HCA facilities, creating the desired workplace culture and an engaged and productive workforce through HCA's policies, programs and practices. Reporting to the Facility (or LOB Regional) VP of HR, and utilizing processes and tools from HCA HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Centers, this position will provide direct local support for:
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
• Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
• Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives
• If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations
strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
• Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data
for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
• Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
• Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools
Deploy development programs
• Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring
completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
• Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee
career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Support Employee & Community engagement
• Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement
appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
• Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support
• Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews)
• Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility
“temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers
• Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
• Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies,
etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
• Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking
for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
• Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes
coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
• Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination
of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
• Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
• Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues
• Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders
Execute HR operational excellence
• Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
• Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
• Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
• Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with
budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with
Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning &
implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
• Perform worker’s comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration
at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.)
• Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
• Support effective leader and employee communications
• Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization
of HR policies and processes
3+ years of related experience.
2+ years of HR experience.
Required: Bachelor's degree
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina and is the state’s sixth largest health system. In 2018, for the sixth time in the past seven years, Mission Health has been named one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics). Mission Health is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital, and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org or @MissionHealthNC.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.Apply Now