Mission Health in Asheville, NC invites you to join the Software Development team!
Summary of Duties: The Senior Application Developer will act as a lead for the applications development team, coordinating development projects and resources to ensure quality applications are delivered on time following business owner specifications and HCA ITG development standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum 5 years Information Technology experience including database and other application design and development along with prior DBA experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading development teams
- Experience with HCA database and systems preferred.
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications
- Leads the Applications Development Team by coordinating resources, ensuring business owner specifications and project development standards are met.
- Provides development team staff feedback to Director of Applications Services at performance review time
- Documents technical requirements by working with other developers and the business users
- Completes application development tasks assigned according to the project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
- Leads in developing prototypes / models and determining data sources (if applicable)
- Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
- Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
- Facilitates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate)
- Creates and maintains application documentation.
- Reviews and facilitates the analysis and executing of change requests and enhancements.
- Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Provides technical guidance to business users, and application developers.
- Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
- Coordinates routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
- Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
- Provides advanced technology solutions to end users
- Develops complex automation tools for end users using formal programming languages
- Creates advanced reporting dashboards using standard reporting tools (SQL Server Reports, Crystal Enterprise, Xcelcius, ASP.net)
- Implements programs written by others for the Division
- Ensures programs are written to comply with current software standards
- Works to create a development strategy for development in the Division
- Works with Division Directors to prioritize project portfolio
- Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organization – Follows industry development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written) at the appropriate level for the business users.
- Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Tactical execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Has basic skills using business intelligence applications such as Business Objects. Advanced skills in standard reporting tools (SQL Server Reports, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, NPR). Expert in MS Office Products
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
Minimum 5 years Information Technology experience including database and other application design and development along with prior DBA experience required.
Minimum 5 years experience leading development teams preferred
Experience with HCA database and systems preferred.
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina, and is the state’s sixth largest health system. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org or @MissionHealthNC.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.