RN New Graduate
Nurse Graduate Program
The New Graduate RN Residency Program offers year-long, full-time paid nursing positions. These give new nurses the opportunity to grow in their nursing practice and gain clinical experience across a variety of settings in a supportive environment that includes mentoring, professional development and peer support. Areas of specialty may include Behavioral Health, Emergency Services, ICU/Critical Care, Maternal/Newborn/NICU, Surgical Services, Pediatrics and/or Staffing Pool.
The program is offered at locations throughout Mission Health, including Mission Hospital and CarePartners in Asheville as well as several of our regional hospitals in western North Carolina.
Qualified applicants must have less than one year of experience as a registered nurse. In addition, applicants must have graduated from a program accredited by the National League of Nursing Accredited Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and must have a North Carolina RN license by the date of employment. Five references, including at least two from clinical instructors or supervisors, are required. Successful applicants must make a one-year commitment to the program. Candidates selected for our Med-Surg Units and Staffing Pool positions will receive a $4,000 sign on bonus with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health.
Upcoming Residency Dates and Deadlines:
- January 14, 2019 – New Grad Open House from 4 pm – 7 pm. Located in the Owen Heart Center Lobby.
- January 14, 2019 – Applications for the summer New Grad RN Residency open.
- March 11, 2019 – The spring New Grad RN Residency begins. Congratulations to our selected March residents!
- July 29, 2019 – The summer New Grad RN Residency begins.
- October 21, 2019 – The fall New Grad RN Residency begins. (Application dates for the fall residency to be determined).