Qualifications and Application Process
- Applications for the 2019-2020 year will be accepted beginning in November 2018 using the online PhORCAS system.
- The deadline for all application materials is January 6, 2019.
- National Matching Service code: 36046
- In addition to the application materials required by the PhORCAS system, the Mission Hospital PGY2 Residency Programs require the following:
- Letter of Intent / Personal Statement – This is an important part of the application packet. It allows the reviewers of your application to get some insight into you as a person – your achievements, your obstacles, your goals and your values. It should also demonstrate your knowledge of the program, including how you learned about the PGY2 program, what program elements interest you most and how each of these relate to your personal goals.
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required using the electronic reference form in PhORCAS.
- Please ask reference writers to add comments for each section of the electronic recommendation form.
- Eligibility for NC licensure. NC licensure by July 1 is strongly encouraged.
- Mission Hospital does not sponsor H1B or other visas.