Thank You for Your Interest in the Junior Volunteer Program at Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina.
Successful Junior Volunteer applicants will:
- Be 14 to 18 years of age
- Commit to volunteering on assigned schedules (two days per week, 9 am to 4 pm) for at least five weeks of the program
- Complete the volunteer onboarding process, including online application, interview, orientation and vaccinations
- Comply with vaccination policies – including MMR, varicella, TDAP, TSPOT and annual flu vaccines – all provided by Mission, if needed
Steps to become a Junior Volunteer:
- Step 1 – Application deadline now closed – please check back in January 2020.
- Step 2 – Attend interview that will provide an opportunity to get to know you and where you might serve best. A Mission Volunteer team member will contact you once your application has been received.
- Step 3 – Complete required vaccination screening, provided free of charge by Mission Health staff.
- Step 4 – Junior Volunteer and a parent must attend one (1) parent meeting session.
- Step 5 – Attend mandatory two-day Junior Volunteer orientation session to learn more about their role and to meet volunteer educational and safety requirements.
Important dates for new applicants and returning Junior Volunteers:
- Friday, January 19, 2019 – Registration deadline for current Junior Volunteers
- Friday, February 1, 2019 – Application deadline now closed – please check back in January 2020.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 5:30 pm OR Thursday, April 25, 2019, 5:30 pm – Junior Volunteer & Parent Meeting
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 8:45 am – 4:30 pm AND Thursday, June 20, 2019, 8:45 am – 4:30 pm – Junior Volunteer Orientation
- Monday, June 24 – Thursday, August 8, 2019, 9 am – 4 pm – Junior Volunteer Summer Program
- Our team will make every effort to accommodate your location request, but please note that we cannot guarantee specific assignments.
- Our team is unable to sponsor any students seeking senior projects or internships for school credit or clinical observation experience. For more information on internships and clinical observations, click here.