Qualifications and Application Process
Qualification and Application Information
Mission Hospital Application (National Matching Service # 687469):
We are using the ASHP-supported application portal, PhORCAS for resident application submissions.
Application deadline for Mission Hospitals: January 4, 2019.
In addition to the application materials required by the PhORCAS system, the Mission Hospital PGY2 in Emergency Medicine requires the following:
- Letter of Intent/Personal Statement – This is an important part of the application packet. It allows the reviewers of your application to get some insight into you as a person – your achievements, your obstacles, your goals and your values. It should also demonstrate your knowledge of the program, including how you learned about the PGY2 program in Emergency Medicine at Mission Hospital, what program elements interest you most and how each of these relate to your personal goals.
- Electronic Reference Form – Please ask your reference writers to include comments in the program-specific comments section.
- If the candidate is extended an invitation to interview, an on-site presentation (20-30 minutes in length) on an acute care topic of the candidate’s choice is required.
- Eligibility for NC licensure.
- Mission Health does not sponsor H1B or other visas.
Click on the links below for more program details: