Nursing & Nursing Support
Overview – Nursing Is Our Mission
Join our nationally recognized team dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for our team members, patients and their families.
Our Nursing Mission
We partner to provide exceptional patient- and family-centered nursing care with compassion and integrity to achieve optimal outcomes for each person and team member.
Our Nursing Vision
Our vision is to be a nationally recognized strengths-based nursing culture; always striving to achieve best practices in research, professional development, quality and nursing care to retain the experienced nurses of today and recruit and mentor nurses of tomorrow.
Areas of Nursing Practice –
• Medical-Surgical Adult Care (Renal/dialysis, Pulmonary, General Surgery, Spine, Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Medical-Surgical with Telemetry, Women’s Surgical, Trauma Care, and Oncology)
• Critical Care Units (Neurotrauma ICU, Medical-Surgical ICU, Cardiovascular ICU, Coronary ICU)
• Women’s – Newborn (Labor and Deliver, Mother-Baby, Neonatal ICU, Women’s Surgical)
• Progressive Care/Step-Down ( Cardiac Step-Down, Medical-Surgical Progressive Care, Pulmonary Medicine Step-Down, Cardiovascular Progressive Care, Telemetry)
• Emergency Department (including ED and Clinical Observation Decision Unit)
• Staffing Pool (Medical-Surgical and Critical Care)
• Behavioral Health (Copestone and Psychiatric Evaluation)
• Pediatrics (Pediatrics, Pediatric ICU and Neonatal ICU)
• Home Care (Home health/Hospice /Private Duty)
• Perioperative (Operating Room and Cardiovascular Operating Room)
• Perianesthesia (PACU and SATU)
• Rehab Hospital
• Mission Clinics
Types of Careers
A wide variety of career opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Nurse Manager/Supervisor
- House Supervisor
- Registered Nurse
- Case Manager
- Nurse Educator
- Patient/Nurse Navigator
- Physician Practice Clinical Manager
- Nursing Quality Manager
- Flight Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Medical Assistants
- Program Guides
- Health Unit Coordinators
Our Annual Nursing Report
- Want to learn more? Review our 2016 Nursing Annual Report. Learn about programs across the region and why cover nurse Ande Malinowski, RN, 8 North-Adult Medicine, Mission Hospital, proposed the theme, Mission Health Nursing: Where Passion Meets Purpose.
- Read about all of our nursing programs at mission-health.org/nurses.