As an executive at Mission Health, you’ll join a world-class organization that consistently tops the “best of” lists.
- Based in Asheville, North Carolina, we are the state’s sixth-largest health system and have been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems for five years by Truven Health Analytics, becoming the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition.
- Our flagship, Mission Hospital, ranked among the top 1% of “Best Hospitals” nationally in 2016 by Healthgrades, and No. 1 “Best Hospital” in North Carolina in 2016 by Business North Carolina.
- Mission Health’s blog was recognized as a “Top 100 Health Blogs You Must Follow for Healthy Living and Better Healthcare” in 2017 by Feedspot.com for the second consecutive year.
- The Society for Diversity recognized Mission Health as an honorable award nominee in 2017 for the Innovation & Inclusion Leadership award.
- Mission Health was named one of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America for 2017.
- And more…
Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 team members and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
At Mission Health, you will do what you love, in a place you’ll love to call home. Here you’ll find a big city feel, paired with small-town charm…a distinctive mountain vibe that serves as backdrop to an eclectic arts community…world-class chefs and distinctive restaurants…limitless outdoor adventures…and community activities for all interests and backgrounds.
The city of Asheville (population just over 87,000) is nestled between the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains in western North Carolina, a region known for its natural beauty. The city’s rich architectural legacy, with its mix of art deco, beaux arts and neoclassical styles, is the perfect backdrop to the energy that emanates from the locally owned shops and galleries, exciting entertainment venues and a world-class brewery scene. Asheville is also home to the Biltmore Estate, an 8,500-acre estate built by George Vanderbilt and completed in 1895. And the Blue Ridge Parkway, national and state forests, and more are truly in your backyard. The 18-county region Mission Health serves includes five regional acute care hospitals in a variety of settings throughout these mountains, each with its own sense of place.
There’s a place for you here.
The story of Mission Hospital began in downtown Asheville in 1885. Since that time, Mission has grown to a hospital system serving the 18 westernmost counties of North Carolina. Every new day at Mission Health is rooted in our heritage, and is a step in the journey to become a Great Place to Work and Practice. Our team members collaborate to get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member.
Here, you’ll be surrounded by a leadership team of thought leaders focused both on making Mission the best it can be, and looking forward and outward to shape the very landscape of healthcare delivery. You’ll be equipped with resources like StandOut, a strengths-based approach to helping your team improve day-to-day performance and offer their particular perspective. You’ll find a community of natives and newcomers, proud to call this region and this health system their own. You’ll find colleagues who, every day, bring the mission of Mission to life.
Your regular paycheck is just the beginning of your Total Rewards at Mission Health. Like all our valued team members, you’ll have access to a wide array of health, financial and other benefits designed specifically to help you Be Well, Get Well and Stay Well. Find and follow the path that’s right for you with our Career Exploration Center, and keep the rewards coming with Dogwood Deals and other perks.
In addition to an exceptional executive benefits program, Mission Health offers a competitive annual incentive program for leaders.